May 13, 2014

Please Forgive Me

Please forgive me for NOT posting the BEST GENERAL YOUTH FICTION yesterday as promised... 

My mother-in-law ended up in the emergency room on Thursday.

For those that are curious Mom got some sort of infection on her leg. When the foot and leg started swelling they tried using an ointment on it. The ointment took out the swelling, but caused 3rd degree burns. So fighting, screaming, and kicking they finally got Mom to the hospital. Her kidneys were failing and her heartbeat was irregular. There was just too much going on in her body to fight it.

They moved her to a burn unit on Friday and asked what we as a family wanted.

Maurine Rose Wheelwright (1932 - 2014)
She was 81 and we chose a 'do not resuscitate policy.'

Saturday it just wasn't looking good so they took off all of the tubes and monitors and made her as comfortable as they could.

My husband and I stayed with her around the clock from Saturday morning until the end.

Mother's Day (Sunday) the family came together and we found ourselves sharing our best memories of mom. This will truly be a Mother's Day to remember.

Yesterday (Monday) Mom passed away peacefully.

Here is my journal entry from yesterday:

This morning about 4am I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I tried to read, but couldn't concentrate...so I laid there and listened to mom breathe. It was really peaceful and quiet in this early morning hour. I listened for about an hour and then I must have fallen asleep because I woke up hearing mom exhale a very long exhale. I waited for the inhale and when it didn't come I got up to check on her. I put my hand in front of her mouth to see if I could feel a breath and I thought "if she wakes up right now I will scare her to death because I am bending over her with my hand right up in her face :)" Then I watched to see if her chest was rising and falling. When I was pretty sure she wasn't breathing I woke up Dean to tell him his mom wasn't breathing. He came over and we watched and waited. After knowing that she really had passed away we paged for the nurse. The nurse came in and checked her and then went to call the doctor. After the doctor checked her he pronounced time of death. It was all so peaceful and I feel blessed that I was there to witness it. 

 So that is where I am at and what I am doing...

I LOVE YOU my followers and appreciate you SO MUCH!

YOU are the ones that make my blog SO FUN TO DO!

I PROMISE to still post the list...although it will probably be NEXT MONDAY :)

1 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template