Mar 7, 2014

Why I Don't Hide My Freckles Anymore


Book Details
Editors: LaNae Valentine and Lisa Tensmeyer Hansen
Release Date: February 2014
Publisher: Deseret Book
Genre: Inspiration

Do you ever find that in trying to be "virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy"...

Seems to "twist us into self-shaming preoccupation with appearing more virtuous and more lovely than others, envying others' good reports, and feeling unworthy unless we merit the praise of" others?

THIS BOOK WILL HELP WITH THAT!


Amazingly wonderful stories of people who have...

overcome the need to be perfect~
overcome the need to compare~
overcome the need to feel shame about their bodies~

I LOVED Anna Packard's list of gratitude:

"Thank you body for allowing me to experience every day completely. Thank you eyes for the opportunity to see the beauty and majesty of the world around me. Thank you nose for the pleasure of smelling delicious food and the familiar smell of my husband. Thank you lips for tender moments kissing the soft doughy skin of my newborn daughter. Thank you mouth for allowing me to nourish myself with food and to enjoy new tastes...etc."

Can we be GRATEFUL for our bodies? Even the parts we find lacking?

Susan Law Corpany shares:

"Many years ago I was looking forward to a landmark high school reunion. With plenty of time to accomplish my goals, I started my pre-reunion diet. I tracked my progress not only on the scale but by tracking my measurements. When I proudly announced to my teenage son that I had lost a quarter-inch off my ankles--that's a quarter-inch per ankle, mind you--he put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'Mom, remember that this is the part they put in the ground when you die.'" 

This book will help you:

* forget about minimizing pores and worry about the poor among us
* worry about sagging spirits and less about sagging body parts
* worry less about crooked teeth and more about having crooked habits
* worry less about thinning hair and more about thinning patience
* worry less about love handles and know that love handles about any situation you are in

"Be generous with your love, and you will never run out of it. Love regenerates itself--it grows by giving. Beauty is the same. Beauty regenerates itself--it grows by being generous with your love."

EVERY WOMAN NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK!
SO MUCH TO OFFER!
IT WILL HELP OUR MINDS AND SPIRITS AND BODIES :)
About the Editors

LaNae Valentine is the director of Women’s Services and Resources at Brigham Young University. When she’s not working to support, connect, and empower women she enjoys visiting family and friends, cycling through Utah’s back roads and canyons, cooking, reading, and doing yoga.


Lisa Tensmeyer Hansen finished raising seven children and is having a hard time sitting still. A doctoral candidate at Brigham Young University in marriage and family therapy, she is a managing editor of the BYU Women’s Studies Journal, serves on the board of local arts organizations, writes music with her husband, and walks every morning with her BFF.


(A review copy was provided, however, all reviews are of my own opinion :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template